The Spring Equinox release has now been submitted to Apple and Google and should be available over the next few days, if not already. Windows and the OSX non store versions can be downloaded from The Lords of Midnight and Doomdark’s Revenge update pages.
Here is the list of changes, this version is mainly Doomdark’s Revenge updates. The next release will likely switch focus.
- FIXED: DDR – Strongholds don’t change Occupier if the race is the same
- FIXED: DDR – Night processing hangs because of circular lieges
- FIXED: DDR – Obigrorn the Giant starts with Riders
- FIXED: Options menu is sometimes off the screen on narrow screens.
- ADDED: 100% scale to panel_map_detailed
- FIXED: Give, Take, Approach, and Use text not working on action buttons
- FIXED: Check place should show when entering a location with an artefact
- FIXED: Replacing missing Keyboard Style option on desktop devices
- ADDED: Game Difficulty – Normal / Easy / Medium / Hard
- ADDED: Gameplay Rule – Intended original terrain travel times
I have also update the online guides to better reflect the changes over the last year or so.
Item 1, 2, and 4 are straight bug fixes and I think speak for themselves. 3 will only be resolved in new games.
100% scale to panel_map_detailed
Simple icon to click on screen to reset map scaling to 100%
Give, Take, Approach, and Use text not working on action buttons
The action buttons didn’t show the target of the action correctly.
Check place should show when entering a location with an artefact
The check place always showed and artefact that was in a given location, it just wasn’t easy to find them without constantly going to ‘choose’ or ‘check place’ on every move. The original would auto show ‘check place’ if an artefact was at the location – this has now been implemented correctly.
Replacing missing Keyboard Style option on desktop devices
For some reason this keyboard option with Classic, or New disappeared when I moved to v2. Best to check the online guide to see the difference in keys, or just press a key and see the hints.
Game Difficulty – Normal / Easy / Medium / Hard
This is the first stages of the new difficulty modes. Normal is as the game was originally released. Depending on the game difficulty, there is a defined number of saves. Also if Repeatable Save is set, then an action after a save game, in the same sequence, will follow the save outcome. More features will be added to the difficulty mode over time. Difficulty mode stays the same for the entire story and is not affected by changing the options during a game.
Gameplay Rule – Intended original terrain travel times – Movement Modifiers
The original spectrum version of Doomdark’s Revenge had a bug that mean movement was not taking in to account a races favoured terrain. This option allows you to play the game with either the Original, Intended, or even C64 versions. A more detailed examination of the values can be found here…